The New Rotary Year: Changes you should know about
The New Rotary Year: Changes you should know about By Arnold R. Grahl from RI website - Rotary News - 1 July 2013
Above link is to the full article ... below is excerpt of changes noticeable at the Club level ...
Other changes for 2013-14:
- Rotarians will be allowed to form satellite clubs, whose members meet at a different time and location from their parent clubs. The change, approved by the Council on Legislation in April, is intended to make it easier for members to develop the core for a new club.
- Districts will be able to form an unlimited number of e-clubs. The Council removed a limit of two e-clubs per district. The change is designed to bring in new members and appeal to young professionals, who may be less able to meet in person weekly.
- The name of Rotary’s fifth Avenue of Service will change from “New Generations Service” to “Youth Service.” This change was also approved by the Council. In 2010, this avenue of service joined Club Service, Vocational Service, Community Service, and International Service.
- The dues Rotary clubs pay Rotary International will increase US$1 to $53 per member.
- A redesigned Rotary website will be launched in late summer.